Saturday, October 24, 2009
1. In this economy where people are continuing to lose jobs, the medical bills are coming in, but Brandon has 3 jobs. I'm not being sarcastic, really, we are so thankful for his jobs. I am so thankful for him that when times are tough, he works hard.
2. Nolan had his yearly review with First Steps on Tuesday. An occupational and physical therapist came and observed him and asked me questions about him. The same two ladies that looked at him 10 months ago came and were amazed at how good and healthy he looked. The PT, when looking at her list of kids for the day remembered Nolan because he was, "the baby that didn't smile." It made me sad to think about it that way, that my 6 month old baby didn't smile, but at the same time, it reminded me of how thankful I am for the personality that Nolan has developed. Not only does he smile, but he is such an expressionful kid. So, they assessed his gross motor, fine motor and his communication skills, and Nolan tested in his age category or barely just below in all the categories! I can't tell you how nice it was to answer "yes" to the majority of their questions. So, not only has he not fallen any more behind this last year developmentally, but he's actually made some ground. I know I've said it before, but this kid is amazing. Tell him he's got Williams syndrome and he'll prove it doesn't matter. Brandon and I are daily blown away by this tough, trouper of a kid.
3. Our church family that meets every Wednesday night and shares "God sightings" and prayer requests, and then with gratefulness and praise takes it all to Him in prayer. Someone also, is always willing to watch my little ones so that I can participate.
4. Brandon being on October break this past Thursday and Friday. With him working 4 nights a week after school, I can't tell you how nice it is to have had him home.
5. I was able to run 8 miles this week on the treadmill. Is my butt any smaller yet? oops...did I say that out loud:)
6. The girls and I made Halloween ghost and pumpkin cookies today.
7. For 2 very supportive sets of parents.
Overall, very thankful here...
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Daddy and the princess
Happy birthday Aubrey Lynne, we love you!
Aubrey petting the baby alligator
Man, are we blessed or what?
Friday, October 2, 2009
Man he's naughty.He's now able to make it into the kitchen (everywhere really) crawling. He enjoys ripping the fake grass out of my ficus tree.
The dude loves cheerios!
Nolan is turning into a little stinker these days. He's your typical crawling kid who is getting into everything. He says, "Na na na na," when you tell him "No!" He screamed bloody murder last night until Brandon got his milk ready. He's a fiery personality...gosh, I wonder where he gets that...who knows what he wants when he wants it. We are so thankful for it! Brandon and I were remembering last night that it was just February before this little guy even smiled and now he's expressive with loads of personality.
Count your blessings name them one by one...