Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And so it begins

Well, yesterday was Brandon's first day back to school for the teachers (students first day is tomorrow), and thus, back to reality for the Paschals. While he worked quite a bit over the summer mowing, teaching is a lot less flexible (hours wise), and it's pointless to pray for rain:) Although I already miss him, I was somewhat ready for this to happen. For one, it's inevitable, and two, the kids and I needed some normalcy and routine. When daddy is home, it's always fun time, even if he's working on a project. We were in need of some regularity and balance. And so, on our first day, we all loaded up and headed to CVS for toilet paper. The trip was uneventful...that for which I am thankful. The girls and I played outside and read books in the hammock most of the afternoon until it was time to come in and eat supper.

We spent most of this past weekend just playing outside and resting in anticipation of the first week of school. On Saturday I spent most of the day in the kitchen making 5 quarts of applesauce and freezing 9 quarts of peaches (pic below). What a pain!, but oh so yummy. Sunday was church and naps, followed by flying the Dora kite down at Hummel park.


Brandon and I have been reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness in the past few weeks. Some really tangible examples and some that can't even be explained in words, but we are so thankful for this renewing of our faith in what He can do. Please pray for a continued desire on our part to look to Him FIRST for ALL things.


Mommy has a JOB! Well, sort of. For the last four years, we have prayed that if it was the Lord's will for me to return to work that He would make that obvious and would provide and opportunity. Brandon's boss with the mowing business was in need of someone to do his bookeeping. So, I am spending about 10-15 hours a month doing this (from home). It's not a lot, but every little bit helps. One way God has proved Himself faithful:)


Nolan is growing A LOT these days. He's developing a double chin and we are starting to see some rolls on his legs. He's responded to me talking to him with a gurgle a few time and I just can't keep my lips off him. What a sweetie. Who knew I could love 3 kids as much as I do.


Ok, I think that is enough for now. Megan :)

No comments: