Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 Corinthians 12:20 "That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

This verse is one that hasn't held a tangible meaning for me until now. Delighting in hardships? How do I do that? What does that look like? As I think about our current "hardship" or "difficulty" and what could come with it (I'm referring to Nolan's possible condition and developmental delay), I wonder how, as a parent, I could delight in that. And then, God shows me his grace and mercy as I wrestle with that concept. This week we received a card in the mail that read,
"Brandon and Megan, I was on my way home from a meeting tonight and I really feel like God is telling me to send you this money. I don't really know why but I just feel led to do this. I hope this can help you guys out! God Bless!"
As I noticed who this was from, I was amazed. It wasn't from someone we have a close relationship with or someone that we've shared our recent trial with. When I noticed the check that fell from the card, I began to shake and to cry...tears of joy and thankfulness...not because of the money, but rather because of the fact that it was no coincidence that God had laid upon this person's heart, a burden for our family...and at such a time that we needed it. God made a point to remind us that He's in control of our family and that he always provides.
Even when I am at my weakest moment in worry and in fear, I'd never felt stronger, in a moment where God was showing himself to me, reminding me it's all going to be ok.

No comments: