Monday, June 1, 2009

I know the majority of my blog posts are related to Nolan and his medical issues, and for that I apologize. While blogging is enjoyable, as well as an outlet for me, I have found myself so very overwhelmed that I can't bring thoughts together enough to fill you all in on the other stuff we've been up to. Life certainly hasn't stopped or slowed down any, I just can't get it in writing.



So, without further delay, I want to share a few things happening in the Paschal house, not related to Nolan:)

#1 We've planted a garden this year (tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and wild flowers)! How excited am I? Very! My sweet sweet hubby spent countless hours digging gravel out of the spot that we tilled for our garden. Our house was a rental for 20 years before we bought it and there have been several things we've noticed about the house that have caused us to scratch our heads. One of those being that the spot we tilled up for our garden was full of gravel. ??? After the gravel removal, Brandon mixed the soil with some compost and viola...

#2 Due to very generous Mother's day gifts as well as birthday gifts for Brandon, we were able to purchase a few things for our landscape. The girls enjoy helping dig, mainly because they are looking for worms. Aubrey treats them as her baby. Adelynne wants to put them on the pavement and stomp on them. Brandon loves it. I think they are girls and maybe shouldn't be handling worms regularly?:) Just sayin...


#3 My sister graduated from dental assisting school. My parents had an open house for her and lots of family came. It was a nice time. Papaw Dave made sure the pool was up for the girls. They made for a lot of good entertainment that day.
aunt Sarah and Adelynne
Papaw Dave and Nolan
Pool time! I couldn't resist and shot with my little muffin:)

#4 Aubrey had her very first alone play date at our house. What I mean by that is, I asked Sarah's (Aubrey's "best" friend) mom if she could come over, and her mom said yes:) She was dropped off at 8:30am and was picked up at noon. Aubrey thought it was so cool. They had a great time, and Aubrey and Sarah truly are great friends.
Ok, so maybe I can blog about Nolan just a little. The little man is officially sitting on his own. He's been sitting for some time now, but would throw himself backward or wouldn't catch himself if he leaned too far to one side. But now, we can leave him to sit on his own. He loves it and enjoys playing while he sits.

He also loves his swing. He could be in it for an hour, just swinging, kicking his feet, watching his sisters or even the birds.


Is he handsome, or what?




If this next one doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Megan, your kids look great! I especially can't believe how much older Nolan looks...what a handsome little man.

Anonymous said...

They all make me smile!!!
Angela

Wani said...

Nolan's glasses are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Megan, you and Brandon have done a wonderful job w/the kids.You guys are great parents .Uncle Mike and I love you all so very much.I can't believe how much all of them have grown.We had a great time at the family reunion and can't wait to see you all again soon.God Bless