Thursday, January 21, 2010

What to do?

Well...it happened...those dreaded 3 words..." I HATE YOU!' I knew someday it would happen. Although it wasn't that long ago that I realized, my kids aren't perfect? Yes, the interrogative sentence, that also came along with a gasp is very important...I never thought one of my offspring would say such a thing. Both of my girls jumped at the same time and bonked heads. My then, not very outspoken redhead shouted, "I hate you!" to her sister. I then, very abruptly took her by the hand and took her to her bedroom and informed her that when I felt as though I could talk to her without losing my head I would be back, but, in the mean time...you'd better not move off that rug. She cried and yelled from the bedroom...because, she, (like no one else I know) doesn't know when to stop and just be quiet. Long story short, after lots of tears and dramatic crying, and dishing out the punishment of going to bed early (I opted for not spanking her as to try and avoid doing it out of anger)...alone, she apologized, prayed and asked God for forgiveness, and asked the forgiveness of her sister.
She cried when I left the room...

It made me sad...

Why is parenting so hard?

Hopefully a lesson learned.

1 comment:

Wani said...

It was bound to happen at some point. You handled it better than I would have. I know its hard but keep up the good work!