Monday, June 25, 2012

It's break time

Ever felt the Lord nudge you gently?  Ever felt the Lord nudge you gently for a long time?  Ever felt the Lord stop nudging gently and give you a good thwacking?

For some time now, I've been feeling guilty about the amount of time I spend on facebook.  On occasion, Brandon will tease me about it, and I play it off.  I think to myself, this is my one little escape...I don't drink, do drugs, or have any dependencies, is it really that big of a deal that I spend some time on facebook?  I could certainly be doing a lot worse.  When I begin to really dig deep, and really evaluate myself, I use facebook as an escape, a little time waster, as an outlet.  While none of these things, in and of themselves, are bad or harmful, they can distract.  I find the older I get, the more easily I can become distracted...distracted from housework, distracted from other things I should be doing, I'm ashamed to say even distracted from fully enjoying my kids at times.

I'm temporarily taking a break from facebook...who knows, maybe even a permanent one.  Don't take this post as a condemnation of facebook.  I don't think there is anything wrong with facebook.  This post rather, is a confession that I've allowed it to overtake my life at times.  Hey, the first step is fixing something is to admit you have a problem, right?

I plan to spend more time meditating on how the Lord is speaking to me.  I plan to take more time to read my Bible other than just daily devotions.  I plan to take more time being deliberate in how I can love Brandon more and serve him better.  I plan to take more time to think and blog.

I'm taking the nudges and I'm making a purposeful decision to remove this distraction the Lord is convicting me of.  Who knows, maybe through this the Lord will reveal more?

Please feel free to email me:  bmpaschal@gmail.com

1 Corinthians 7:35 "I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord."

No comments: