Monday, November 17, 2008

He is Mighty to Save

I've begun writing our Christmas letter recently. I never used to write a letter, but being far from family and most of our friends, I thought I would write one this year. In trying to scan through this past year in my head, I've been reminded of how hard this year has been for our family, and even still is. In remembering the trials we've faced and are still facing, I am also reminded of God's love, provision and mercy He's bestowed on us. With each trial, bad day, and worry, I can give an example of God's grace and compassion. I am posting a website for you to view of a song that brings me so much joy and comfort. God has really put this song in my head the last week, so much so, I heard Brandon singing it the other day:) The video isn't what I want you to see, but rather listen to the song and lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08YZF87OBQ

Brandon and I were also greatly encouraged in the Word yesterday. A sermon coming from Psalm 145. Isn't the book of Psalms a great book for the weary? I would like to share a few versus that spoke to me.
Psalm 145:3 "Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom."
Psalm 145:13-14 "The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."
Psalm 145:18-19 "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

No comments: