Wednesday, December 15, 2010

To Adelynne Love, Mommy

This little nugget, well I guess if you consider 9 pounds and 5 ounces little, turns 4 years old at 3:58am tomorrow morning. 














She was so round and delicious as a baby.  She slept through the night from the get go.  She ate great and was an easy baby.  We like to tell her that when she'd get up at night to eat and we would turn the light on, she would sneeze.  She still sneezes first thing in the morning.  We also tell her stories about when we'd put a spoon with baby food (usually blueberries) in her mouth, she would blow it all over us.
By the time she was 18 months old, she was right smack in the middle of chaos...a 3 year old older sister who was usually stealing the show, and a new little brother who was creating quite a name for himself!  Walking, talking and desperately trying to keep up, she was a typical child vying for the attention of anyone...even if that meant climbing up on the changing table to rub Vaseline ALL OVER Herself!!!!!!!!
She's now pushing her third birthday, and I'm wondering where the time has gone with her.  She's now becoming increasingly interested in pink, princesses, girly things, and has asserted that she would like a "purple star birthday party."
She's now turning into a little girl who is shy at first, but who loves, and is soft and sweet with a little feminine raspy voice.  Who will stop arguing or doing anything really, if you say, "Come here, I'll rub your tummy."













She's very thoughtful and creative.
She loves this fella to pieces...Sometimes so much we have to remind her that he's human and not baby doll.
And desperately wants to be just like her big sis, but, at the same time wants to be seen as her own person.

 She loves one on one time with mommy or daddy.  She loves being told she looks pretty.  She really loves preschool.
And now, WOW, she's turning 4!


Adelynne Noelle,
You're my girl, my buddy and my shadow throughout the day.  Your sweet voice and helper attitude make my day.  Matter of fact, the laundry just wouldn't get done without you around.  As I sit and write this, I realize that you've never been the "squeaky wheel," you always seem to be my constant, the one I can count on each day...most of the time.  You have turned into a sweet, funny, bright, energetic, joy to have around who sings Jesus My Redeemer while you comb your hair in the mirror.  Life wouldn't be worth living without you.  I love you to the moon and back, moon and back, moon and back, moon and back.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. Adie has a wonderful Mommy!

Anonymous said...

aw, we remember visiting you at the hospital when she was born! I can't believe she's 4!! Thanks for being so sweet to help us with our travels. I will e-mail you with our details in the next few days :)